Read 3 comments as:
thread
newest first
Filter By
Featured
x
Advice for aspiring Litigation lawyer
bump
+1 -0
...
🔗 Permalink: #365802📋 Copy permalink to clipboard
Litigation guy here from Tier 1 firm based in Delhi. Since finances are not an immediate issue, start with 1 year of clerkship with an HC (if not, then SC) judge. The extensive kinds of matter that you’ll get to deal with will really broaden your perspective and you’ll understand the psyche of a judge. After that, work with a senior for 1-2 years. You’ll get minimal drafting work but it will be rewarding to learn how to approach a problem. After that, go for a disputes practice in T1 firm if you discover you aptitude is more towards drafting and briefing or join a chamber if you are more inclined towards arguing.
+2 -0
...
🔗 Permalink: #365450📋 Copy permalink to clipboard
I am a 3rd year in a t1 NLU and am very passionate about civil and commercial litigation. I am confused regarding how to go about my career. Do I straight join a disputes team in a t1, learn a thing or two before stepping out or do I straight away plan on joining a senior after graduation? What are my other options? I want to maximise learning potential. Finances are not an issue for atleast 3-4 years post graduation.
+5 -0
...
🔗 Permalink: #365089📋 Copy permalink to clipboard