We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
A lot of people land their first job after graduating. The key is to keep interning and expressing that you're looking for a permanent role.
All the best!
I am a final-year law student from a private college and have done several decent internships in my area of interest. Now, as my final year has commenced, I feel completely lost. I feel that these 1-1 month internships are worthless and are not helping me land a job.
Can anyone who has tackled a similar situation, or anyone who has some ideas, give me suggestions about what I can do? I am willing to work hard; I just don't know the right way to reach my goal.
Thank You!