We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Now, coming to the interview part. There will be 2 rounds. First is the HR round and then a lawyer.
Now here is the catch. People hardly ever get through the HR round. Reading the mentioned threat, I failed to understand how come that is, but when I interviewed with their HR and answered all but one of her questions and still wasn't given a go-ahead for the lawyer round, it all started making sense.
I don't know honestly what it is that the firm is looking for. They asked the most basic HR questions. Then some random questions to see if I'm aware of any recent legal developments, if I know any of their deals and what they did in it, etc. I knew all of this since I was quite prepared before my interview. But I was shocked when they rejected me at the HR round itself.