We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I'm experiencing crazy levels of imposter syndrome ahead of joining as an associate at a firm I loved interning at. It's making me nervous to the extent that I fear starting the job. Please help- advice, anecdotes, anything really....
After rigorous internships I finally landed a job in a respectable firm that I like - I like the environment, the people, the work etc and to some extent, even the pay. Everything seems great. Except that after college and exams got wrapped up, I've been thinking about what kind of colleague/junior I'd be and I feel inadequate.
I'm well acquainted with the people I will be working with and I fear their judgment. I fear the judgment of my immediate seniors, my to-be bosses and the only thought I have is - "What if they realise they made a mistake?" That's how bad it is.
How do I overcome it? Has anyone else felt this way? Share anything that would help...Thanks !