We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I've been wanting to get into law firms for a few months now, and I'm a little lost as to if it's even possible. Honestly at this point I'm up for even an assessment internship if it means I can get my foot in through the door. Does anyone know of anyone else who's worked in-house and manged to transfer to firms later? Or of firms who might be open to hiring people with limited experience in Bangalore? I'm not even thinking about T1 or T2 or anything, just a decent firm where I can learn is more than enough. Any ideas about what I should study? M&A I have worked with, but VC is a mystery to me tbh.
Any help or advise or a point in the right direction will be extremely appreciated.