We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
1) How to get on top of the litigation work given to me right from day 1? It could be anything from acing research skills to ensure formatting is good etc.
2) How do I really pick up on reading case files and ensuring that I know everything about what is going on, the research to do etc?
3) Am I making the right decision in making the switch since it has been only 10 months since I graduated?
4) Will Tier 1 dispute teams look at me favourably if I work for an advocate and then apply to a firm after about a year?
Any other considerations that one may have to provide including whether litigation work is stimulating, the scope for growth etc.
Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance.
note: Please don't mention anything about toxic work hours etc etc. I know it is relevant for some but not for me at this point as I am still finding my feet and want to work with the large scheme of things in mind(my interest, doing good for the community etc. )