We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Make your CV looks decent, crisp, to the point and is not vague about your work experience.
Write an article or something related to corporate. Dont hesitate to work for smaller firms for minimal pay, it will increase after an year, take whatever ypou get if you think the opportunity is good.
I got to know about the opening through a friemd who was working at the firm, but I was also applying at a lot of other places.
Dont be disheartened if you dont hear back, I had literally applied at 100 places to get only a few call backs, it might seem a lil difficult but i promise you its not impossible.
Try and convince the interviewer that you are really interested in the field and you will learn things, tell them to ficus on your potential and not on your experience.
Mail them or through website or LinkedIn..what should I keep in mind before searching for such opportunities
I think I may enjoy IP, L&E, GC, etc
After one year, I have an offer from a tier 2 firm with a 60% hike.
So i think it is possible, you can def do it. You might get a lot of rejections at the beginning but its not an impossible task.
I want a wfh/ hybrid work setup which is not possible in litigation hence the question.