We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Currently an A1 with a disputes team in a T1 firm. The culture and team is toxic and I don't think Disputes is for me.
So want to explore or switch to other practice area probably Banking and Finance.
Any help on this topic would be appreciated
I can't let go of this opportunity in the current job market and I need this job badly due to financial issues back home.
However, I've always imagined myself working on deals and transactions.
So, I wanted to know if it's possible for me to switch practice areas from disputes to M&A or Projects and Infrastructure or any other team.