Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I am from a no name pvt college, about to complete my third year. Before y'all troll me for being dumb, I am genuinely ashamed that until now I hadn't realized how important it is to be doing a t1 internship after my third year to have some chances in securing a PPO . It was always told to me to wait until fourth year to apply to such places which is why I do not have any t1 internship lined up. I am so so scared that I will graduate with no job. Can you please guide me as to how with the limited time left to intern (before day zero in 2025) , I can still somehow have a shot at getting a ppo and which firms and practice area should I be targeting to have a better chance at the same. Preferably in Mumbai. I'd be really grateful, thanks a lot!
Mumbai is the easiest

There are always opportunities.

I am a T1 SA2, with no big internships. I would suggest that you stick to a gradually upscaling career path from whatever you can get hands on.

Look for jobs where you get to work with high integrity high work ethic and quality individuals - it can be with someone just starting out
My first t1 internship was in 4th year, but before getting placed in 5th year, I had the opportunity to intern at 3 t1s in total. You'll never know what life has for you, keep applying.

Practice area would come from what interests you? You would have interned somewhere? That would have made you realise if not where what are the areas you don't wanna work in? Try out several while you still have time.

I'd say corp is easier for placement. It's not easier but it has more transferable skills, where only based on the fact that you dwell well within the team and want to learn, you'd be hired.

Dispute resolution, requires showcasing a lot more to have a chance. Not that it's improbable, but corp has more vacancies and easier to get in.
Relax bro. Even I didn't do any major tier 1 or tier 2 internship until 3rd Year. In Mumbai, there are a lot of opportunities ranging from Veritas to Vashi and Vashi. So best of luck!!