We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I'm specifically referring to M&A, PE, VC, or say even Tech teams for that matter. I'm part of the 2025 batch and have 2 separate questions.
1) which of these three firms is better overall for the practice area I mentioned in BLR?
2) whether it makes sense to work at a tier 3/4 firm right after I graduate instead of chasing tier 1s?
What could the pros and cons be in both cases? I would really appreciate it if someone could highlight this in detail. Thank you!!