Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Kindly advise what model of ipad to choose and load which essential software packages on it, to efficiently work as a lawyer - both litigation and advisory?
Whichever is the cheapest - 9th Gen/10th Gen. No need to go for Air or Pro.

LiquidText is the only main software you need on it (provided you have a proper PDF suite on your laptop for e-filing & other purposes). Plus maybe a note-taking app of your choice.
Does the internal storage provided in the basic variant i.e. 64 gb sufficient for liquid text.?
iPad base variant is good enough, no need for pro or air. But do get the maximum storage because briefs can take a lot of space. The Liquid text app itself doesn't take that much space.
Thanks. Helpful. But solution could also be getting 64 gb and then using external SD card or something? Not sure if iPad has this feature of getting to use external SD cards
Please get an ipad air 5th gen or ipad pro M1 or m2 chip. Make sure you get 256gb variant. 128 gb is not sufficient. Or if you can wait till june. Get the newer model.

Apps. -liquidtext is a must for lawyers.
I'm a student (poor lol), can someone tell me what's so good about liquidtext?
Just an unnecessary scam to look elite. You can work fine without it. Don't worry.
Litigation lawyer here. For about 4 years, I had been using an Android tab and did just fine. Last six months or so, I've been on an iPad with LiquidText. It's a useful app - definitely not "an unnecessary scam to look elite". How would one look elite anyway, using an app that you can get for around 900 bucks (student pricing - and almost everyone in Del HC has got it on student pricing)?

I don't see it being useful for students though. It's useful when referring to multiple documents within a case during arguments.
hi. Android tabs like samsung s7 and s9 would do the job well? There are some pretty good apps like Flexcil. Confused between ipad and android tabs
Samsung tabs have surpassed iPad in terms of VFM and also the pen experience is far more superior. The only downside for using it in legal fraternity is that liquid text files can't be opened in android tabs. So as long as you gonna use it strictly for office use, you would be much at ease with the iPad.