Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I can only speak from my experience as a student at an NLU that could be considered between a tier 1 and tier 2. We had some great professors with brilliant subject knowledge, but many are there who blatantly plagiarize off books and blogs without even citing them as references even in their course outline. One senior professor even plagiarized from iPleaders for her slides. Another was recently called out by immediate junior batch for making up cases. They even produced evidence for use of ChatGPT in her study material.

I believe the ratio of great, mediocre, and bad professors at my university is 10:50:40. After paying lakhs in coaching and now three years of law school, I am coming to regret my decision. Is the scene similar in other NLUs too?
This isn’t new. I went to law school like fifteen years ago now - I remember being very depressed after the first month when I realised most of my teachers were incompetent. It’s not the Harvard of the east at all.

But look - you’re there now- the place opens up opportunities. Try and make the most of it.