Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
What is the scope of a litigation/arbitration (dispute resolution) lawyer overseas? Could you find a job after the LLM?

I have heard about the international arbitration thing, but it is majorly for Paris/Belgium/Singapore.
I would love to hear some insights on these. Are there any lawyers who have done this and can share a bit themselves? Thank you.
Are there really no Indian lawyers abroad who are working in Dispute Resolution?
If you got accepted to top LLM programmes like Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, etc it’s easier to get your foot in renowned international law firms albeit still tremendously difficult. It doesn’t matter what experience you will have, you will still be a regarded associate in designation. It’s futile to have a future as a dispute resolution lawyer abroad however if you were interested in corporate, it would be easier but still difficult nonetheless
If you are really dead set on becoming a dispute lawyer overseas, instead of an LLM do a JD. It’s the equivalent to LLB in India and you will have plenty of opportunities or careers relating to dispute resolution. It’s 3 years but incredibly expensive. JD in US has to be done in high ranking T-14 university to get good jobs so your costs will go easily 10+ crore and living costs are not even included. However, admission to any of these T-14 jobs can get you jobs in big law which have entry level salaries of $200,000 and upward. I would only suggest this option if you have that much money to spare or else it’s waste of money
I was considering the JD and as you said, it is quite expensive.I have graduated a couple of years ago so not sure if it would be a good step for my career as well (might be a bit too old by the time I graduate).

What if one considers London? What would be the best option for that?