Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a student in a decent NLU, almost done with my second semester and so far I have a good reputation in my batch. I've got good grades as well and my academic life is doing fine.

Been trying for some competitions here and there but tough luck so far however, there's one major problem that I've been facing since joining university.

I've become a person with no personality. I've left my obsession with watching anime, web series, and video games, something that was my life before I decided to prepare for class. I read some books here and there but that's like 5-6 books (outside of curriculum) a semester. The tight schedule in our uni prevents me from working out a lot or playing any sport for a lot of time. 8-10k steps a day at most.

I look at the ceiling fan or my Instagram feed for the whole day and wonder if there's anything to my personality other than being a clown and an academic validation seeker. I'm friends with almost everyone but I dislike almost all of them from the bottom of my heart (people here hate you and act like you're buddies since childhood). I tried making meaningful friendships but I'm unable to attach or bond with anyone I've met so far. I've a girlfriend back in my hometown but I don't want to impose myself on her 24/7.

Is there anyone who had a similar situation and healthily tackled such issues? So far all I believe is that it's a part of growing up and I should just man up and face it. I'm considering visiting the university counsellor but do I even have a problem to begin with?