Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Background: 4th sem LLB student (3 years)

Woke up this morning to check the notification from college placement cell regarding the candidates who made it through the CV selection round in a Tier 1 firm's internship recruitment drive. My name wasn't there, despite having all the pre requisites and academical cut off. Got a taste of competitive reality check that made me realise ki "bhai itne se to nai hoga, more hours to be put in". Its 7:30 in the morning and I'm trying to let go of this emotional baggage of expectations that I had from myself, perhaps due to the fact that this is my first rejection while applying for a tier 1 firm despite coming so close.

Folks I plan to join Gen Corp teams of Tier 1 firm, though exhausting as many worthy contributors have already mentioned here before, I wish to have first hand experience in the pressure cooker myself. The domain of corporate and commercial laws interest me. How shall I go ahead about it? shall I productively utilise my connections to land a one month internship in such firms and convert it into a call back/long term? how often does that happen when you don't join as a long term intern at a place?

Or, for the starters, I should join a Tier 2-3 firm in the same domain and learn the work. Maybe in a boutique firm where chances of acceptance is more. Can you folks suggest me places to start and apply in Delhi-NCR (Gurgaon) in the same domain?

any advice, suggestions or blunt two cents would be appreciated. Thanks for patiently reading till the end.
Hi TheHustler as you said your CV has all the qualification for T1 Firm then why to doubt yourself? If you want T1 you will get T1. Accept this rejection and start looking for more opportunities, work on your skills and CV, you will definelty land at whatever place you want. Keep the desire alive no mattter what.