Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
To put it another way: Will the NLSIU brand name place me ahead of such graduates in the job queue?

In the UK, are law firms more in awe of the NLSIU tag than a tier 2 tag? Does NLSIU get more TCs than such colleges, because it is more respected?

In India, I guess NLSIU is more respected? I hardly heard of any CAM/SAM partner or associate with a UK tier 2 LLB. Even in small law firms you don’t see such people much. Or could it be that such people don’t return to India and prefer to work and settle abroad?
First thing first, UK colleges offer do not offer integrated BALLB rather they offer LLB without any prior graduate requirement. However if you wish to return back to India, you need to take a 2year bridge course to practice in India. On your secondary doubts, the Shardul Shroff's daughters graduated from a tier 3 UK college in wales. There are good number of partners with tier 2/3 UK graduate degrees. It all depends on a number of factors. If you look forward to work with Indian law firms definitely try for the top 3 NLUs. And no, NLS does not get as much TC as these UK colleges for obvious reasons.
In my view, only Oxford, Cambridge Harvard, Yale, Stanford and Columbia are more respected than NLSIU. Just these 5.
A 40-word comment posted 6 days ago was not published.