Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Please let me know the Salaries and the nature of work. I want to know about the scope in the corporate and capital market teams in the respective firms. Will working in these firms benefit me in the long run? How are working hours like in these firms? And most importantly please name nice partners to work under (interesting work, no shouting, little bit spoon-feeding). Thanks
Firstly, Crawford Bayley has 2 capital markets teams: one is handled by a PA who also does M&A work and the other team is handled by Sanjay Asher (Managing Partner) and Viplaw Kashyap (practice head). While team 2 works on a wide gamut of mainboard listings, QIPs, OFS, DCM and preferential allotments; the working hours are long and pressure is at an all time high. Team 2 offers 10 fixed + 2 variable for A0s but they have a 3 year bond in place which is kind of unreasonable since ECM teams at tier 1s bleed freshers and juniors within a year (with the bond not allowing you to shift). However, Team 2 is a great place to learn great quality work and get exposure to deals done by the tier 1 firms.

Secondly, Rajani has a great private equity and corporate/M&A practice since the managing partner (Prem Rajani) overlooks that space. Their capital markets usually does a lot of SME listings and rights issues and has a good name in the circuit since a very long time because of Sangeeta Lakhi (who heads that practice). Working hours are great, the firm has an amazing culture and you can easily lateral to a tier 1 ECM team within a year or two.

Thirdly, Parinam and Solomon don't do capital markets. They both have below average general corporate teams since Parinam has a lot of white collar litigation work and Solomon has a lot of real estate mandates. Working hours suck at both the firms. Avoid.