Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
One would assume the T1 NLU kids on here would be less insecure, but boy are they so. Especially the GNLU and NUJS kids. I don't get it - everyone knows they are T1s because they do well in certain parameters, yet they feel the need to keep shoving it in our faces.

If you are first years, I can understand the excitement, even for 2nd years. But for third year and beyond, please get therapy, I'm not even mocking you, this isn't healthy. I think one post each highlighting achievements (TCs, UPSC, judiciary and so on) is enough, and is interesting for us to also read. Beyond that I just get concerned.

Why does it happen overwhelmingly so for T1 kids? I would've assumed T3 kids would be chill, T2 would be insecure and T1s to be the quiet achievers.
As someone from a T1, these NLUs are insufferable. The kids are smart but it's a joke how insecure everyone is.
All kids who consider themselves to be superior to others and think that educational institutions have tiers are insufferable and jobless. Including most of the people who have commented in this thread.
Why stay quiet when you have worked yourself hard for this and have achieved a seat in a T1 NLU?
As someone who graduated from a so-called T1 NLU more than a decade ago; get off your high horse. No one really cares.

Within a very few years (1-3) of working; you won't care where someone graduated from, and the only thing you will care for is: whether the person you are working with is a good lawyer and a decent human being. If you can achieve both, then you are golden.
Both NUJS and GNLU are Tier 2 institutes. Compare their faculty with NLS or Jindal. Compare their research and publications. Few kids getting scholarships or qualifying UPSC won't make a great law school. They are more individual successes.

A great law school is one:

Where research is a way of life - faculty research is published and celebrated every day, students researching and publishing, the law school ecosystem is regular and relentless in knowledge creation.

Where conferences, seminars, workshops, talks organised every day not once in a month.

Where scholars, practitioners and jurists involved on regular basis throughout the year inspiring young minds and not a SC judge invited in a convocation.

Harvard Law School or NUS Singapore are classic examples how world-class law schools should be.

GNLU and NUJS need to work harder. Posts on LI won't help.
Yes, please compare the NLS faculty publications with NUJS. You will find out that there is not any discernible gap despite all of Sudhir's new hires, since many of those people don't publish much. As for Jindal, their per faculty SCOPUS publication isn't even 1 annually. Their total number is higher because they employ ten times the number of faculty.

You think NLS organises talks and seminars every day? Lol, where did you get that idea?

HLS and NUS are great examples, but neither NLS nor JGLS nor any other Indian law school comes anywhere even close to them, so it seems that all of the Indian law schools need to work harder.

As for student achievements, if supposedly great faculty cannot produce students who do better in all or most walks of life, then what good are such faculty? NLS or Jindal students are not ahead in any metric, which is why all these claims of them having superior faculty are hollow.
As if all the posts from NLS, Jiggles or NLUD here are anything other than trollish or insecure. Any person who sings praises of their law school on this platform is a troll.
Do you know how much money and how many members of faculty and students Harvard has? Who is going to pay for all these daily seminars and conferences? Who is going to skip class and their other work to attend them? Kuch bhi. The best chef in the world can't make baklava and macarons from a pav bhaji thela. If you're so particular about legal education, start with giving universities the kind of money NUS and Harvard have.