Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
so the thing is that im a really good student but i messed up my clat exam because i was in a bad mental state due to family issues and stuff

now i have to take admission in some random college, probably amity noida

im preferring it because udhar exposure and social life is good and some people said the curriculum is good and stuff

now say i study there for five years and after that while entering the job market, what things can i do to make myself stand out from other students from nlus and other top colleges

ps im aiming for litigation

any tips about this situation would be really helpful
Internships and networking. If you're not someone who's v social, try leveraging family connections and batchmates.
Join a chamber in your first/second year itself, on ground knowledge is something which is highly sought after in litigation. I know tons of students who’re in ipu/private colleges in ncr and work as paralegal/intern in a chamber sbs.
Best way is to intern in a smaller boutique firm (who preferably does transactions with bigger firms), for a longer term prove yourself. I recommend boutique firm cause you'll be give worthwhile work and will have more exposure to the clients/other firms. Once you get better at work try asking for a professional referral.
Hey, as a top NLU student myself, I dont think the distinction in terms of opportunities and exposure is as bad as made out to be. Honestly, law firm HRs dont really care for the college in individual applications, just the batch rank and maybe some past exposure to internships. Chambers and the other organisations also couldn't care less. HRs also tie up with placement cells of many local tier colleges similarly to the RPCs of the tier 1 NLUs.

After you begin interning, it's only your work that matters for your assessment. I know that ILS 2024 has placed more students through PPOs than some Tier 1 NLUs because of honest hardwork. Not shading anything to the NLUers, just that the college tag is largely irrelevant these days.
Long story short, u can't Reason -

- Solid alumni network and preferences which marks nlu a closely knit cabal where outsiders are not allowed .

- Excessive overlooking on other colleges by firms, companies, PSUs and even the bar council.

- Very less prospects of holding prominent. positions in the future - Partner or GC in prestigious organizations ,unless u are very well connected.

- same goes for central universities in the case of competitive exams and teaching positions in prestigious colleges and think tanks .