Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Help a Bhopal lawyer! I engaged a Delhi lawyer to argue a matter in the Delhi High Court and his memo charges me for Each short/non-substantive hearing -15K. Is this standard practice in Delhi? Shouldn't such hearings not be charged for at all? Follow-up question- why don't high court lawyers in Delhi offer a flat one-time fee for all drafts and hearings? Like in all other states?
It depends on the advocate and has to be negotiated when engaging them. Negotiations include differential fees for effective and non-effective appearances. I don't know anyone who charges per hearing who would appear for free on short/non-substantive/non-effective hearings, unless an adjournment is sought because of their own reasons. You should be able to find advocates who charge a consolidated fee for drafting and hearings, if cost is a big concern. That said, 15k is not unusual for a good advocate with 10-12 years experience.
Bhai tis hazari chale jaa waha par chowki laga kar vakil beth te hain, 500 mein bhi aajayenge, humne CLAT mein marwayi, law school mein marwayi, ab 15K bhi nahi dega tu
10sec ke hearing ke liye 15,000? Doesn't make sense, especially if you're a no name random adv
Correct. Please visit any chamber at Patiala House or Karkadooma or Tis Hazari. We will do it in 500-1000 rupees. Your satisfaction will be our guarantee. Promise.
random adv tu hoga bhai. A decent NLU grad would know his shit and would get the job done. 500-1000 rupee wala vakil dhundh le if you think your work is unimportant enough to not be paid 15k for.
15 k can be substantiated in which 5k for seniority and experience plus 10k for knowing how to argue and what to argue before that specific judge.