Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
How can I perform to the best of my capabilities in a transactions team (M&A/PE/VC) in order to secure a PPO? I have 2 internships - one at a tier 3/4 firm and another at a tier 1 firm.

What are the top 5 things to nail when performing work?

How to nail the other non-work related things? (eg: dressing (for women specifically), communication, presentation at the end of the internship, anything else?)

And if any of you have insights on how an internship in the transactions team is different from tier 3 vs tier 1?
Be professional, curious and most importantly be nice. Eager to work / learn.
Couldn't emphasize it enough. If team has lot of work then try to be available and help as much as possible.

If team doesn't have work then be smart and don't stand on heads of all partners and associates. Be there nice dressed arrive early and go late basics. Be nice to everyone in such cases. Nobody will produce work for you as an intern especially when all interns can do is ten percent of the work.

Both ways lead to similar outcomes mostly that is PPO. Rmember they're looking for reliable smart students to take as A0s. Make sure you come as one.