Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
A part of feeling depressed is because of my personality (I am prone to feeling gloomy) but I also strongly feel it’s because of the repetitive nature of my work. I genuinely feel that most NLU grads in law firms are overpaid clerks and I am a prime example. I think I would feel much better mentally if I did something interesting and involving original thinking. Maybe even leave law… But I am scared to take the plunge and am afraid of failing, whereas my glorified clerk job at least guarantees good pay no matter how much I hate it. A classic middle-class job trap.

Anyone else feel like this? What are your plans?
Please reply guys! Even i am faced with a similar situation.

What good is LI if we can't talk about the real stuff? Please genuinely asking and bumping this up.
Take a break for 6 months - 1 year and try out something else. If you don’t like it you can come back to law. Nowadays lot of law firms are open to people taking breaks and hire folks if they have expensive
Pehli baat toh yeh ki original toh kahi nahi hai, except in design/advertising/marketing/content. Even in BCG or McKinsey, you will do the same ppt making and gyanbaazi to clients who btw, know what to do.

So, almost, there is no original thinking, except in the creative fields.

-----

Now, my advice is -

1. Dekho aisa image + connection bana lo, that the firm or any of that level firm, will hire you under 3 months. Have that level of market value + connections.

2. Now give GRE. Try getting above 320. Then, talk to consultants like Sarthak Verma or Piyush Ranjan. And try getting an admit at ISB or INSEAD or SaΓ―d. Do the MBA. MBA is the most versatile degree on earth. You can go from policy to analytics to iBanking to front end consulting (conditional, that you are from a top tier school). Now, get into Strategy or Marketing roles. You will like it.

For e.g. - I met a girl today who spearheads marketing for Ola auto and they made this ad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTeNRZVzoc So, it is so funny, interesting + eye catching. She is from ISB.

So, MBA is the key which can give you all this freedom of work. And a comparable package.

3. Zyada dimag me zor pad raha ho toh join Sleepy classes and prepare for UPSC CSE. You will cry, be frustrated, have mental health issues, but, boredom, and no original thinking - Aisa nahi hoga.

All the best!
You earn well, but do you spend well?

Enjoy life a little more maybe you'll start liking it.
A 8-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.