Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I want to pursue BBA and then sit for CAT. But I attempted CLAT and got HPNLU. My parents think it is a great option. I want you to convince me why HPNLU is not that great for a career in law. Thanks!
Hpnlu is a peripheral nlu, not promising enough as the top ones, not even close.
If you are from legal background then take it, you will have a nlu tag. But if you are not from a legal background I would suggest either pursue with your BBA or focus on other decent colleges( ils, glc, christ, sls) if you have money u can also go for Jindal. This way at least you some chances of placements. Even if u wanted to go into litigation choose colleges which is in tier 1 city.
Yes. NLU Shimla is ▮▮▮ and below average college. No ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮. No campus of its own. No jobs or even good internships. For just an average LLB degree why spend 15-20 lakh and 5 years of time in city which has nothing except few days or a week of hill station experience. Himachali people may go for it who want to build a practice in Shimla not others. Study in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore for better opportunities
some tier III NLUs have managed to move to Tier II. HPNLU seeks to create its own Tier IV.

Alleged continuous financial irregularities (especially when ▮▮▮ was the VC), bad hostels, worse mess food and basically no brand name. You'd legitimately be better off joining something like NMIMS or NIRMA - they are actually decent colleges.
The only reason I (the OP) am considering HPNLU is because i live in shimla and have 75 in class 12. I have 97 in class 10 and will hopefully do well on CAT with sincere prep but yeah class 12 scores