Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
NLSIU is the new diploma mill

1000+ kids in a batch. No jobs for anyone.
This is not true! The Jindal family in Kolkata and the one in Haryana are unrelated!!! I have met Sangeeta Jindal from Kolkata, because her daughter was studying law at Oxford. She is not Sajjan Jindal's wife!
EC has not yet given their seal of approval on the extension in the last meeting.
Why is he giving money to NLS when his family owns Jindal law school. I saw a block in jindal campus named after him.
VC has already got the extension. NKC will continue till the next VC is "found" and that will take forever following precedent and the absence of a SJA that matters.
He has not yet officially, but it's going to happen right after the elections.
From Menon to JSW, it's been a cycle. Anyhow, whoever pays the piper gets to choose the tune. Them are the breaks for ya.
The NAB will be called JSW Academic Block, as per the press release. The current name of NAB is Madhava Menon Academic Block. So, kind of renaming is there of course.
I feel so as well. PhD students post 2022 have 0 funding here. UG and PG fees is high, we do need scholarships for students else it will keep being an elitist institution.
I'm not sure what's the source of this number (45 cr) but even then, JSW donated the amount for a specific purpose, redevelopment of NAB and renaming it to JSW block and the research Centre. So the donee does not have much control over it.
45 crores eh maybe a portion of this grant like atleast 10 cr could have been used to fund scholarships ....
The next major vacancy will be at NUJS, in this year. I don't expect the students to do anything, not because they are lazy but because they are shrewd. They know that a merit-driven VC and faculty will spell the end of grade inflation.
They are writing the report now, after meeting stakeholders. It will take 2-3 months maybe.
Reason #443 why Sudhir is a superior VC and why other NLUs desperately need good alumni VCs like him.
Any sign of the latest University Review Commission Report for NLSIU?
A 21-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
JSW is sponsoring the construction of 4 floors at New Academic Block, in the biggest grant ever given to the law school. They are also panning to sponsor a centre on Law and Technology.

Interesting times ahead.