Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
LI is no longer an efficient platform, the moderation is extremely slow and most of it these days is just pointless political arguments and NLU students' d!ck-waving. Maybe we could have a reddit subreddit as an alternative, something similar to what coders and developers have on reddit to discuss jobs, salaries and opportunities. I do believe there are many genuine people with actual problems who don't have anyone to consult other than this forum but the serious questions over here never get a response. At best, they will get "bump"s.
The moderation speed is something I can understand, but the level of moderation especially for a site meant for lawyers is unacceptable.

All the posts which actually matter are never published and neither are the comments which criticise anyone even in the slightest. All that's left is nlu d|ck measuring contests.

India is a free country, and people should be able to name and shame shitty seniors who are abusive. In the era of cancle culture, why are law firms excluded, why do they get to have their way when literally every company/employer out there is held accountable for their actions.
You can call people out, but not anonymously. If you advocate holding others accountable for their actions, then you should be held accountable for yours too. Instances of fake news that are posted on LI are legion.
Exactly - please exercise your freedom of speech under your own name

Otherwise the platform that allows such anonymous freedom of speech, whether legallyindia or reddit will be held accountable

Also remember that reddit after its IPO is a very different creature - it is not a startup backed with legions of VC funding

It has to make a profit, and every legal action eats into that profit. Unless it feels fighting legal action is critical it will just remove the content, ban the user, pass on the information to investigative agencies

Don't be a stupid activist who thinks your actions are above accountability

Remember Riddhi Patel crying while getting arraigned
Nope. That is a weird metric. Instagram, reddit, Twitter no platform requires you to not be anon to post anything. Even whistleblowers exist who call out entire companies whilst staying anonymous.

I wouldn't want to jeopardize my career because of a crappy senior. If the news is fake, let it be market contested, that's a good enough disclosure for adults.
in you head

if someone posts anonymously, cyber complaint is filed, they will be forced to disclose all details available and remove the post

and possibly face worse consequences including paying compensation
If you think reddit is immune to legal action you will be surprised

Reddit takes down entire subreddits if they are sued
being blocked for you doesn't count, there are very problematic and slightly criminal subs on there which a regular user should definitely know exists
They exist because nobody went through the costly process of suing reddit in Indian courts
Totally behind this idea. You should start it, I am sure you can get mods from here.
I know of a subreddit "legaladviceindia" , the purpose9f which is clear from its name. However, the dedicated subreddit for legal professionals, if available, will definitely go lengths to solve the "Bumps" we suffer

(Note: Not shading on the ones commenting for bumping of the thread, but answers is what everyone, including those bumping the threads actually want
Bump! Would be great if great if it is active though. Reddit only has some NLU subreddit with barely any discussion on life after law school. Plus there should be a subreddit for corporate legal advice too.
Only Jindal, NLS & NLUD should be allowed. The name should be "legal privilege"
100000000% support, this is especially helpful for people with no connections in legal field and want to know what is happening inside.
It already exists. I believe its called r/Indianlawfirmlawyers or something similar.
You don't get anonymity on reddit like you get here. Plus you have to sign up / login to do anything on reddit. Not having such a requirement here is big reason why LI gets so many users.