Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
This 9 public holiday policy put in place by the Management Committee is absolute BS. We were in office on Dussehra last year, in office on Eid todayโ€ฆ
As are we. They dont care. All they want is to make us work, bleed us and fill their pockets. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ!
With an AZB tag on your CV and competitive salary to provide for/ finance your living the GREAT INDIAN DREAM, you shouldnโ€™t fuss. Especially if you arenโ€™t Muslim ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฟโ€โ™€๏ธ I suspect that you arenโ€™t. Iโ€™m also sure that your attitude wonโ€™t take you far at AZB or any other Tier 1 law firm. Please review your attitude towards work.

I have applied at AZB Delhi several times and never got so much as an interview call. Ask me how difficult it is to earn even half of what you do. Thereโ€™s no certainty in my life in terms of workflow and revenue generation. A lot of the work thatโ€™s moving around is taxing and super low paying. Hereโ€™s some context to drive home my point - I donโ€™t make a sound when a client short pays me by almost a lakh on a 3 lakh rupee bill which stands on 14 days mixed work to the tune of ~ 300 hours. This client now has a cash flow problem and has paid me 25K on a 2 lakh bill. India is full of trashy clients like this. Whatโ€™s worse is that they, more often than not, are gullible as hell. Clients like these get easily swayed by bad (cheaper) shortcuts then come back after burning their fingers demanding to be saved.

Long story short - be damn grateful for what you have. Work hard and save your tier one job like your life depends on it. Outside it is a boundless sea of mediocrity, which will most certainly break your spirit.
By that logic, there should be no holiday for Gandhi Jayanti, Republic Day, Independence Day too. Not even holiday for Janmashtami, Shiv Ratri.
Cope and seethe ml3cch crappitalist. Festivals are not restricted by "muh age"
On a pretext of a holiday, anyways we are made to work! So, what's the point in giving you a holiday and expect work. I guess its still better than any other Tier I firms giving you a holiday and asking you to deliver due to urgency from client. I have spoiled numerous festivals delivering "priority/urgent" projects. Somehow, these firms enjoy seeing our miserable lives. Ofcourse, they compensate us in exchange for our lives!
Eh.. unless u r a Muslim, i don't see why u r fussing. We are also working as were couple of other firms that I'm aware off. If the policy is 9 holidays, then it is what it is. What those 9 holidays are is upto the firm's discretion, not ur or mine.
A 15-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.