Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hey folks,

What are some everyday, irksome tasks in your workflow, and have you found any clever workarounds? For example, at my previous firm, the restriction on using a second screen/ monitor meant one was doomed to endless switching between tabs and documents. The Word split-view feature at least made life a tad easier. Or perhaps you've experienced the hair-splitting task of finding that one email from a cesspool of a mailbox you inherited.

Would be interesting to hear transactional and disputes lawyers' tech/ workflow struggles, uncover common pain points (maybe associates/ partners face the same or wildly different problems!) and hopefully, discover solutions to those pesky everyday tasks.
Get an iPad - it's a sine qua non to be a disputes lawyer in today's age. In addition to the massive help in courts, use it as a second screen. Store your files in a drive/cloud and access it from both your work laptop and your iPad. (If your work laptop is a new gen MacBook and you get a compatible iPad, it actually acts as a second screen wirelessly.)

Have a meticulous file organization system. If your firm is lackadaisical about it, have your own system and stick to it.

Also, today you get many screens which connect to your laptop/desktop via USB. They're sleek and portable. A good option - and I'll argue better than two monitors stuck together at work.
Nope we're restricted to use the firms laptop for confidentially.

Plus corporate work is 90% on word and excel which sucks on the ipad
I actually couldn't get into iPads for court work, still prefer a lightweight laptop to be the most seamless.
Everyday filling of time sheets. Ugh why can’t I fill them weekly. Fucking annoying.