Read 45 comments as:
Filter By
A 33-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
Rank 1 NRI quota of 2015 batch is one such person. Working in a t1 firm right now.
You are saying that privileged peeps are doing well in life? What's exactly surprising about it? You have not discovered anything new.
A 12-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
I think using NEI quota is better than paying 30L for jgls/BITSlaw/ munjal etc
To mod: Am I allowed to name people from Kolkata who made it to NLUJ/GNLU merit lists but chose NUSJ NRI quota? That will shut up the trolls posting misinformation.

[Mod: No, sorry, probably not a good idea but we believe you ;)]
Lolz. Anti-reservations commenting on LI is like atheists speaking at a Church .
Clearly you can compare reservation for the elite with reservation for the marginalised

That makes perfect sense
It must be so sad to be you. Can't make it to a place and hence doomed to badmouth it.
Even the NRIs need to have done better than other NRI candidates in order to finally get into law school.
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
No use engaging with trolls. LI has plenty of those who hate NUJS and its students' achievements.
The money the NRI kids pay generally goes into the pockets of ▮▮▮. Subsidisation of education happens due to government support for public universities, not by backdoor entry quotas for folks with lesser ranks but more money.
First, my parents did have the money but I wouldn’t have felt good using it. Honestly, I would’ve preferred JGLS through the normal route than NUJS via NRI quota. But to each his/her own.
Read carefully, I said “most” and it is indeed very stupid to pay ₹50L for a T2 NLU just to stay at home. Hardly anyone who makes it till even NLIU would choose NUJS NRI quota. Maybe one or two exceptions exist who have money to burn.
So I too can make a counter argument about IAS officers who enter through caste reservation? Surely you can’t say one quota is good and the other is bad?
If NRI quota students pay 50 - 60 L for the degree that the rest pay 15 - 25 L for, then the rest need to be thankful for it. Without the NRI quota students, the rest will pay 35 - 40 L. The NRI students subsidize the non-NRI folks. They need to be respected.
Problem kya hai? Tu bhi to use karta agar tere parents ke paas hoti to?
Any post criticising caste reservation will get downvoted on LI, hence the downvotes to OP.
It would be interesting to compare the career paths of NRI quota grads vs SC/ST/OBC quota grads. Why do I get the feeling that the former will have done much better?
No, most of them would’ve had ranks from the 600s to 900s and early 1000s in CLAT. Not bad ranks by any means but hardly any other would’ve gotten into other tier-1.5 NLUs like NLUJ or GNLU.