Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, so I wasn't able to clear CLAT this year and got a rank around 9k. This was my drop year; I didn't even know about CLAT until last March, and now I don't think I'll be able to clear SLAT interview as I don't have any extracurricular achievements, and my 10th & 12th % is in their 60s. So, I don't think any college will give me provisional admission just on the basis of CLAT. Can you guys tell me what should I do? Will i even be able to pay back my student loan and as you can see the past evidence i'm not the brightest student really don't know what to do.
join IIM rohtak IPL, chances of recruitment will be higher there than JGLS
That's a foolish suggestion. IIM Rohtak in law is same as Nalsar in management.
Not entirely. The IIM brand is already helping the students there secure internships in companies and tier one firms.
please no. As a Jindal student, I can tell you it is not worth taking a damn loan. It is not easy to get internships [w/o connection even as a top student] or a job [as per seniors] if you graduate from here so paying back the loan will take a while. Don't give up on SLAT without even trying. You should also try Christ University. Jindal is only worth it if you can afford it easily.
Isn't a rank of 9K good enough to get into a top 10 NLU under caste/domicile/NRI/EWS quota? You should be eligible for at least one of these four?
Good one πŸ˜‚

If jindal not affordable, don't sell your land or mortgage your house.

You have DU, GLC, many govt unis offering LLB for free.
Jindal admission closed in January. My friends already done with admissions. Are you trying for next year?
BIG NO

Take a drop or join any any central university, if you can make it.
Are you dreams comprised of central universities too? Because they probably appear better there than they actually are in reality. All Central universities currently offering law in India are at best T2 or T3 institutions.
Apply for IIM Rohtak’s IPL. It’s not really a good course but then you will get the IIM tag.
No one is going to be impressed by an IIM Rohtak degree, even their MBA is worthless, so law will be an even bigger joke.
Even Symbiosis is no more affordable these days. Fees is close to 5 lakh per year.
If symbiosis charging 5 lakh per year, better to go for Jindal with 9 lakh.
You absolutely should. JGLS just retained its rank as the best law in India (for the fifth time) in the latest QS rankings - to the utter shock of all NLU bhakts on this platform. They are dumbfounded.
My two cents about Jindal: if you are confident that you can be a top student there and take full advantage of all the opportunities on offer, go for it. Otherwise, you may be relegated to the cesspool of mediocrity most of its students are in.

Objectively, may be safer to go to a traditional college/ random NLU, and then take the exam again just to see if you can make it. It may change your life. 35l + interest is a large amount, and working one year for it is worthwhile. Think about it, even as a T1 graduate with a T1 job, you will take at least two years to make 35l.
A 15-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 82-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.