Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
Give it a rest with your recorded message on every thread regarding NLUD. Except NLS, that too because of their recent faculty recruits, NLUD's academic quality is far superior to every other NLU. Not my fault that you didn't get into NLUD to actually see it for yourself.
Every decent university and stream has a two year masters. One year LLMs are cash grabs.
When push comes to shove, one year LLMs would be stopped not two years.
Just discriminating. By the way, the court has already held that no institute can claim to admit any PhD student only on the basis of 2-year LLM. That's law of the land now.
Lol, academic quality of NLUD! Their trolls think that even their average faculty are world class. Almost no NLUD faculty has got credible global publications in their domain.
Till then don't make sweeping statements. People in IIT KGP are not idiots.
A 103-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
Exactly my thought, when I saw this. At least NLUD is making an effort to be innovative and leveraging its locational advantage.
First of all, its MLM . Repeat after me -" M " , " L " , "M " . Thanks
That admission policy may be challenged this year after the related HC decision about its unconstitutionality.
Absolutely. IIT KGP SOL is a really bad place and it accepts only 2-year LLM for Ph.D. admission. I wonder why some toppers from the so-called Tier 1 state NLUs still go there for their LLMs. They must be crazy.
In a lot of these interviews, the result is already fixed. Also, even in an impartial interview there are other things than your college also at stake- your research experience, teaching experience etc.
Absolutely correct. Recently went to an interview with NLU PhD pursuing and completed candidates, and none of them could secure a job. A DU PhD & BHU LLM were selected. Say what you want, TLC are still preferred.
BS. Recently went to an interview with few NLUD PhD pursuing and completed candidates, around 11-12, none of them could secure a job. A DU PhD & BHU LLM were selected. Say what you want, TLC are still preferred.
Not really. It's not a field for which there is huge demand in this country.
No good law university prefers two year LLM students over one year LLM students in this country for jobs.
I have observed that Central University LLM students get more respect than NLU LLM students (who aren't even shown basic respect even by their 5 year peers)
Don't know about the downvotes, but this is the best advice. Aiming for traditional things; JRF, PhD & 2 year LLM, will make things way easier for you. The competition is high. Just appeared for a assistant professor interview; for 2 posts, we had around 80 candidates.
2 year LLMs currently offered in the country are relics. Nobody cares what LLM you have so long as it's valid. Rather focus on learning and quality of your dissertation.
Nobody cares about Central universities offering law. They are either nepo places without any substance like NFSU, RRU etc. or has beens like BHU, DU etc when it comes to law.
Decent advice. Central University>IIT/IIM>NLU>state university>private