Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I'm an upcoming A0 at T1 firm. I was excited to receive an offer from the Cap Marks team but in the past few months, reading a lot of threads on LI and also interacting with a few people I feel that Cap Marks is just very overworked.

Is it the same with other practice areas in T1 firms or is Cap Marks the winner of "the worst work-life balance and zero weekends" award?
balls hai bhai abhi se mann banalo just hope ecm market stays down so u can sleep but u might not be able to cause no work means no need for associates
Wins that award hands and legs down. If you don’t need the money, don’t come. If you need the money, prepare an out fast. Once you are stuck you are stuck and then it’s an endless void of playing to the tunes of the markets. Nobody cares if you don’t sleep or eat or breathe. Money is on the table and they will do everything to get that as soon as they can and you will be playing your role as a pawn in that. Come back and read this after you have been working for a few months so that I don’t have to say I told you so.
ECM is okay because its very market driven, B&F is the absolute worst.
It’s okay friend. All teams have work, deadlines are crazy in a growing market. The catch here is look for teams with good culture. Indus is the place to be.