Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.barandbench.com/amp/story/news/corporate/silf-asks-law-firms-discontinue-mass-poaching-recent-disappointing-attempts

The Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) has urged its member law firms to discourage the mass poaching of lawyers.I

n his letter, Bhasin said,

β€œSILF has a Code of Conduct which requires certain basic courtesies and consideration on the part of the law firms when permitting or encouraging Partners / Associates of other law firms to join them.”

He added that while it is open to any individual practicing lawyer to leave any law firm and join some other law firm, the former law firm should observe basic courtesy and inform the Managing Partners of the affected law firm regarding the movement of the lawyer in question.

Adv Lalit BhasinAdv Lalit Bhasin

"What is more serious and damaging is the law firms themselves inducing lawyers of other law firms to join them," says Bhasin in his letter.

He has referred to some recent "disappointing" attempts of poaching, which are undisclosed in the letter.

β€œThis mass poaching ought to be not only discouraged but also discontinued. Proper ethics ought to be observed and SILF should be a role model for good practices which are integrated into our noble profession.”
Translation: Let's maintain the oligopoly by keeping salaries low. What's this wage war that's hurting my profits?

Probably asked to do so by Cyril Shroff who cannot handle the "small law firm" poaching all his partners.
How about having a code of conduct for pay of associates, not withholding of bonuses, better working hours??
Best I can do is a cricket tournament and a representation to BCI against entry of foreign firms.
A 5-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.