Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
So SC striked down EB scheme and people are celebrating over it but I never understood why are people happy because Parties can still take money under the table like they used to when there was not electoral bond scheme. I understand parties have only fundings as a source to run their party but they can still ask money to give contracts to companies.
If Modi gets 300+, EB will come back, Khannu will uphold it
If he gets 200+, EB will come & DYC will bin it...
what a strange theory of change to think supreme court will pass judgment and magic will happen? Murderers murder despite laws- that doesnt mean we make murder legal no? all laws are imperfectly applied- thats the whole democracy project- is to find a way to make a more perfect union and find a way to increase the rule of law and ensure that laws are more perfectly applied.

Next: campaign finance reform, make it illegal for any company to donate funds to a political party. if they want money they can raise it through individual donations. Enforce strict limits on donations. keep this data public. Keep making sure people are looking at that data. Constant Vigilance.
"Make it illegal for any company to donate funds to a political party"

Never gonna happen
We are a nation of 1 billion
Individual donation are pennies for political parties
Why so many downvotes huh?

Do you think political parties are even gonna approve?

Whos gonna donate TMC btw?
In electoral bonds tmc got 1000 crores with only in 1 state that too through companies but if we implement individual donation and ban companies to donate tmc will be left with no money except if owners of those companies donate individually
I don’t really care what happens to corrupt politicians in any party - do you?

I think corruption in the tmc and congress is wrong and I think the fact that the bjp is corrupt is also wrong. I want all these guys to stop selling my country off to the highest bidder.

Politicians aren’t kings and queens that we need their approval- they’re still elected. I think this will have to come to a point where there is at least one election where people become single issue voters on this issue. Because until we solve this issue- nothing else gets solved.
It’s happened in other countries no ? As long as corporations are paying thousands of crores to political parties , we won’t actually be a democracy. We aren’t one now. We’re an oligarchy.
The Gurgaon corporate lawyer who bought over 60 lakhs worth of electoral bonds through the thick of COVID-19, while people in his organization were getting their salaries late or losing jobs, is going about life as usual without so much as an audit by the income tax department, let alone being questioned by ED or SFIO. This was hardly even spoken about on LinkedIn. None of the law-related portals like Bar and Bench, Live Law, or Law Chakra cared to cover it. When that's the standard we've set for people found out from within the legal profession, what standards will we set for bigger fish? The Hindi proverb "hamam mein sab nange hain" is the reason why nothing will ever happen after this highly dramatized expose.