Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
In terms of a dedicated team, there's a new partner, seems okay. Rest corp teams that somehow have overlapping banking mandates are textbook toxic.
that new partner barely cracks the deals, its just advisory from here and there.
Avoid. Highly toxic. The partner will make you fill his timesheets every day.
A associate recently resigned only because the partner was difficult to work with
Alka Bharucha’s practice is known to be really good with both M&A and B&F. Clients generally prefer working with her over any other partner.
I have heard that there's one new partner and no associates in the team. Attrition is high and the practice is not vast.
The name is synonymous with the words β€˜exploitation’ and β€˜abuse’. Dont know about the partner beyond an apparent lack of competence but the firm as a whole should be avoided unless you are into masochism.
Keep in mind that I’m not an associate yet or a working professional but I interned with the team and they’re extremely rude and toxic people. I went on to better internships at other Tier 1 firms and every internship I’ve had after that pleasantly surprised me in how their toxicity paled in comparison to these associates (and I’ve worked at some of those most notorious teams in AZB and Khaitan).

Complete lack of communication, unreasonable deadlines, the associates were always on a power trip and overworked me. It did prepare me for later internships because everything paled in comparison but I never had these problems in any of the later teams I worked with.
only one partner and no associates. partner himself is absolutely impossible to be around, he makes everyone uncomfortable and is always tripping in the office with his plants
Personally loved the plants. The office looks very dull with grey walls.
Recently interviewed with the firm for this practice area, found out that the partner does have a background in banking and finace. This is ok but it also means the partner is not known in the industry and does not have any connections as such. You will also be cross staffed a lot with the disputes team because of lack of work (this is from discussions with other associates).
A 14-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 42-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 72-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 12 hours ago is awaiting moderation...