Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Corp/M&A: No

Banking and Finance: YesRegulatory Disputes: Yes

Capital Markets: Yes
What marque deals does JSA BNF even do? I mostly see CAM SAM Trilegal and TT&A doing bulk of the major deals. Most of the major banks even prefer these firms as their counsel. KCO is catching up as well.

Same goes for their IBC practice - it’s almost non-existent!!
I absolutely don't think bragging about how much money an associate makes is a great thing to do, however, I doubt any other firm in India can match JSA pay, especially to newish lawyers.

In one of my good months, I made more than 6L in a single month. Friends of mine found it difficult to switch because no firm could pay as much. The firm had a ton of issues in terms of work culture/pressure but work quality and financial remuneration were unmatched. Base pay is notably lower than Trilegal, AZB, SCAMs etc. but if your team has enough work, you'll be making insane money.
You will have to die at work and sacrifice weekends to make top band at JSA while peers at Trilegal will make as much by putting in the bare minimum. JSA has not revised pay bands since 2017. JSA is a dinosaur now, comfortable at its T2 position.
Please don’t misguide kids into going for B&F. Base pay is low + Partners discretion how much of your billable hours count - so nothing is guaranteed
Shut up. Just shut up. JSA pays peanuts. You've no idea. The entire system sucks. Partners will go to any extent to cut your hours. And no no no, bill share does not compensate for the lower base pay.

Pay wise, it is definitely a tier 3 firm.