Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
Do state reservations even serve their purpose? Or they just add to the localite gunda raaj in national universities?
All metro based NLUs get polished urban students availing that quota, do hardly any difference.
lol what? the domicile quota is applicable across the state regardless of whether the one availing is from a city or a village, and not just the "posh" metropolitan city the NLU is situated in
Please revisit your comprehension skills. The students from metro cities can afford expensive coaching and training, hence rank higher than the students from the rural areas or suburbs among the domiciled quota.
For NUALS also - it's so hard to get people to simply even play any songs other than Malayalam songs for cultural events or have them translate. They use the language barrier as a form of joke while forgetting that we are actively being excluded.
And North Indians do that using Hindi in all NLUs above Maharashtra, what's your point?
Oh my god. Just deal with it. I've spent 16 years North of the Vindhyas and I complain less.

There are courts in this country where Hindi is spoken when the official language is English.
Most of the regional students are delusional at NLUO. They ask non-domicile student to respect them, respect the state and don't be stereotypical. However they do stupid activities everywhere (inside college and outside college) and then cry like anything, alleging that you are not respecting us and you all are stereotypical.

No dude we aren't, you do this stupid stuff and it just tick the check boxes of the stereotypical activities and even the boxes of being chapri. This is the truth and many of you will not like this comment.

You want respect, show the mannerism and etiquettes which help you to get it.
Hey alumnus*,

5 years into NLUO and you can't type a paragraph without any grammatical error. Avoid writing on legallyindia to save the name of the college before pointing your fingers at local students*.

[I know you would hate this but this is the truth :)]
Typical Grammatical error argument and have nothing to counter the above comment.

[I know you would hate this but this is the truth :)]
Hey Another NLUO alumnus,

Please also take a look at your paragraph.

Thank you. - A Junior 😊
If this is trollish, then the comment which it responded to should also be marked trollish, as it is the same guy who keeps on posting the same thing in all LI posts without any rhyme or reason.
Yes, the truth hurts. Making it "trollish" on this platform does not change anything.
I love the way NLU fanboys and girls get upset when I mention that all NLUs are state universities. It gets under their skin.
Nothing changes the fact that all NLUs are state universities, and in India's education landscape pecking order therefore Tier 2. Whenever any NLU fanboy or girl starts jumping (jab zyada phudakta hain), this is the most effective way to keep them down.
Which law university is ahead of NLUs in this "pecking order" in the country, pray elucidate? Or is it only you who do the pecking?
Correct me if if I am wrong.

List of NLUs with this regionalism problem - NUJS, NLUO, NUALS, DSNLU, TNNLU and NLUJA.

Add or remove if you like.
You are wrong. Other than NLUD, every other NLU already has domicile quota or are mooting one.
Regionalism and domicile quota are two different things. From what I have heard, NLIU, HNLU and RMLNLU don't have this regionalism problem despite the domicile quota.
Define what you meant by regionalism problem. Haven't seen any in NUJS at least if the word is used as per its normal meaning.
bhai RML? rehne do. UP is the front runner when it comes to spreading and forcefully imposing regionalism with long live Modi ji/Yogi ji chants in the background
All NLUs have regionalism - only the extent matters. Moreover, why should this be a problem? NLUs are state universities (as already mentioned in the comments above) and therefore regionalism is part of the overall "experience". From experience, it appears non-existent only in NLUD at this point.
Admin and Local students will be the death of NLUO, it was destined for greatness man. Bleh city causing mediocrity.
Even a few of the NLUO teachers do not hesitate in conversing at length in Odia. There have been instances of them even being biased in favor of Odias during vivas and projects.