Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Honestly, it came as a shock because I thought DEI was an American concept. Even the mail from HR uses a lot of American jargon and speaks of “race” and gender. I don’t know how “race” discrimination is a thing in India? I thought caste and religious discrimination (which are not even mentioned in the HR’s mail) are more of an issue in India? Most importantly, I don’t know what the DEI initiative actually seeks to achieve. The mail from HR is just a big word salad which ends by saying that the firm will “strive to promote values of equity and inclusion”. Like, what does that mean in practical terms?
Race is a thing in India, ask people from the Northeast. What it means is you'll see more women and ppl from the NE being hired at lower levels. Whether they will get promoted is anyone's guess.
Expect a lot of triggered comments from privileged men. I used to be vehemently anti reservation but not anymore, thanks to the numerous tantrums I have witnessed from this certain demographic.
Did you literally just say that you support reservation because of your hate for men who don't? And this even has 5 upvotes wow.
So DEI Intiatives are not for the firm or employees.

It's for United States clients. US Clients prefer firms with DEI initiatives. Most US firms are affiliated to Democrats party there.
All of this, just to get a sweet spot for rankings by global players like Chambers, Legal500. Makes sense to do a copy paste of the concept as well.
A 29-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.