Read 55 comments as:
Filter By
A 7-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 203-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
I too won't consider myself Indian the moment a better nation grants me citizenship.
The West isn't comprised of shithole countries like Uganda. Africa is still in tatters because many residents there became hardline racists in the name of opposing racism.
The average white American is way less bigoted than the average Indian man, who is not only racist/casteist but also very sexist and homophobic. Besides, wages are much higher in the West.
Both regionalism and casteism are very much normalized in urban India. Again, every single country has a "history of racism," which is not something unique to western nations.
Go study. Koi movie dekhli and now want to join forces without any idea what it entails. God kids these days
please, bootlicker. better sense of human rights, what nonsense. guess their current day supply chains for industrial production, Francafrique and instability in the Sahel mean nothing to you.
France is not a hostile country to India. So joining the French Legion is not really against India's interest right? After all, Rafale jets which are going to be the backbone of our Air Force fleet come from France only.
A 5-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
"never be one of them" Indian origin people are literally vice president in the US, PM in the UK, Scotland, Ireland, and formerly Portugal. No one cares about a small number of loud racists, they can cope and seethe while Indians rule them.
I'm a graduate from a T1 NLU, living in Europe rn, this comment is bogus. Yes there is racism against all non-whites including Indians but it isn't as atrocious as you're making it out to be, nor is it normalised or accepted like say casteism or regionalism in India
you dont get quality time with family or SO/ money wasted in rent/ extreme levels of stress.-- bad health
Read up about the (in)famous private military contractor Blackwater (badass imo, see the interviews with Shawn Ryan for context). They have rebranded themselves as Academi now, you can research more about the requirements online.
Also on another note. About a few decades ago when one was in law school, one mooted this exact same idea. I am glad law students still read good books. :-).
Serving in the armed forces of a foreign power without the permission of the President of India is grounds for treason. Please take permission before you do something.
A 24-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
In the long run it is better than working for a tier-one law firm like CAM or AZB.
Just atleast read things one more time and see if your question makes sense no? You cant make sense of such a simple sentence????
Err...how is non payment of tax a sign of patriotism? Who will pay that army?
Eww.

French foreign legion has shit pay. Indian army on a PPP basis pays far more to officers. Best part is you get a very valuable French and EU citizenship.
Thanks for your reply.

I checked the requirements for the Foreign Legion, it's off limit for me as they take in only males.
It sounded like fun until I saw how little they pay. I earn more than their top ranking dude without any actual physical labour. I guess as a student you might look at things differently.
Tier One NLU student. I feel that law is too boring and lacks any form of adventure of thrill. I want to join the military, but certainly not Indian military. Was thinking of applying to the French Foreign Legion, is it a good idea?