Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
They are only concerned about their children and not the other people at Jindal. Half of the placements that Jindal advertises takes place because of these contacts. The jobs based on merit will continue to go to top NLUs.
Doesn't the same go for NLUs?

Mostly from influential families, good contacts and meritless placements?
Not really. Till 2023, 90% of everyone who wanted a job used to get placed by day 1 in T1 NLUs. Everyone can't be from influential families, right? In 2024 as well, the placements did not go on the basis of contacts.
no. NLUs have campus placements. 90% of my batch were first gen lawyers and they all got placed. There was one girl who there were rumours she got a job cause daddy was big businessman. But everyone else just earned it.
The answer is yes. Make a list of the richest and most powerful lawyers in India. At least half will have some relative at Jindal. It does help.
Legal profession is based on contacts and network.

Nothing rocket science here, no intelligence, no merit required.
Lol, they may not prefer Jindal over NLS but will prefer it over other NLUs? NLSIU is the new public version of Jindal now anyway. Honestly, NALSAR, NLUD, hell even NUJS and NLUJ annd GNLU are all better choices than being cramped at NLS today.
They're studying at Jindal because they couldn't crack clat- no other reason to choose Jindal over top NLUs
idk. folks at top 3/4 nlus arent having difficulty finding jobs. like 80% of jindal grads dont get jobs on the other hand. I think whether or not a kid goes to jindal depends on whether they clear CLAT. children of top law firm partners might not crack the exam. I havent met many people for whom it was a real choice where they got into a good NLU but gave it up to go to JGLS.
80% is a false stat. Currently only 60ish have a job in the whole batch which includes firms like bmr legal, c&m, panag & babu, spice route, touchstone. Tier 1 offers probably 50ish, most of us are looking for jobs
Naveen Jindal is now with BJP. Was always an open secret. Wonder why the false flag op was continued this long.
Have you guys seen the news? Now Jindal will have the best placements 😎 Also, two minutes silence for Congress supporters 🀣
The myth about the majority of JGLS grads not getting jobs needs to be busted. The majority of Jindal grads don’t NEED jobs and don’t look for jobs. They are children of fabulously wealthy lawyers and businessmen who simply join their dad’s practice or business. There are so many examples I can give, from the children of ministers to Senior Advocates to law firm owners to CEOs. You people have no idea!! The who’s who of India send their children here.
theres a big difference between those who would say they dont want a job in the first year of law school and those who would cope with rejection by saying they dont need jobs anyway and they will handle their papas business. youre making assertions without proof - without even a possible way to prove them.
Calling bullshit here. Yes people are rich but just because my dad makes 1 cr doesnt mean I dont need a job, ofc I do and it's not about money. I like M&A, also if you think people don't need jobs - why did 500+ people from 2024 batch sit for placements? Please explain
Land a job first and then don't take it if you want to bust that myth. Otherwise it will be called out as sour grapes syndrome.
did you misread the comment? We know that 100 ish people out of 800 get placed. thats like 12.5% if anything I was being generous by saying 80% of people dont get jobs. The true figure is prolly slightly higher.
NLS,NLUD,NALSAR,NUJS,NULJ,GNLU,NLIU>>>>Jindal

Those who can't make it to these universities go for Jindal and get scholarship cut with their rank. Those who can't, go to Jindal. Simple as that.