Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Just want to know how are EWS students treated in NLS? Do they get equal opportunities or is there any discrimination based on ranks at NLS B'lore? I got admission through EWS category but I see top rankers and I'm feeling inferior even before the college starts.
With this logic, almost 75% of your class should keep their head down and not speak up as they would definitely be SC, ST, OBC, and 25% Karnataka horizontal reservation.

Chill out. Neither anyone can do shit, nor you should take shit. Congratulations and move forward.
Now you know how SC/ST kids feel. What happened to all the "reservation kills merit" arguments among UCs?
EWSwala UCs generally don't speak against reservations. You are barking up the wrong tree
There is a class-based discrimination that goes on at NLS. It's very subtle, it won't be direct discrimination but people with high financial backing will not make friends with you and will not take you seriously. The discrimination is not based on ranks. If your rank was 1.5k but you come from a rich family, you should not have a problem. Having said that, things are slowly changing with the increased batch size, you will find your share of people, don't think that you need to have a lot of friends, have a small circle and enjoy your time here.

In terms of opportunities, it should not affect much, you will get the same opportunities but not having socially/financially powerful friends may hurt sometimes.
The amount you can spend in college will affect your socialization opportunities. But with a bigger batch size I think you will have enough others in the same socioeconomic status as you. Plus seniors are good.