Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I secured a rank under 100 in CLAT and secured a seat at NLSIU. My parents have paid the fees for the college but I am scared that I might fail in history in ISC board examination. I did attempt the paper but all the answers felt like they needed more to be added to them. If by any chance I fail in history and appear for Improvement examination in ISC, will I still be eligible for admission into the college?
Yes and you can also write to them and defer by a year if you need to
"Sir suppose kisi student ko job mil jae lekin vo finals me ek ya do marks se fail ho jae to uski job rahegi ya...?"
Never understood why people continue in ICSE in class 11-12th. No offence, this is dumb. Central Universities like DU won't give you extra marks or consideration while CBSE students will have some marks inflation. And this class 12th marks will even have an effect if you ever gave CAT.

So, it is dumb to study in ICSE board in Class 11-12th. When the world is so hyper competitive that, 1 mark can make or break lives, why get into this?

Please don't come to me with all the - I wanted to learn crap. I have seen boys living, breathing aerospace engineering (so much so that you cannot even sit with them without them giving gyan on some aerospace concept to show off), doing MBA in Sales and selling FMCG products.

Now, you got into NLS, a great university. And see, you are stuck. Whose fault is it? Anyway, all the best!
Classic example of what mindless chatting on NLSIU-29 whatsapp group does to a student :(
This is such troll bait. Someone smart enough to clear CLAT would know that failing in ISC is not an eventuality if you have written the bare minimum and not "more". You won't get 90% or maybe even 80% kid, but you wouldn't be flunking out. Sheesh
Its completely possible, you just need to give an undertaking that you will pass the repeat exam. They will guide you during counseling once your counseling rounds have started.
As a matter of fact, there have been multiple instances in the past 25 years where people have been admitted to NLSIU and other NLUs but could not clear their boards, including both merit list and reserved list students. They had to retake CLAT and the entrance exams before that in pre-CLAT days. I know some of these people. Without giving away their identities, I will only say that that people have lots of difficulties with family, health etc that we should not make light of. One case I know of is extremely tragic. However, I am happy to share that the people who I am talking about are all doing very well in their careers today, so there is a happy ending! But having said that, the point about ICSE/ISC board is an interesting one, because the cases I am aware of involved this board, which people say is more difficult than CBSE.
Yes, one girl from an NLU even said this in an interview. She had some difficulties in her home. She is a human rights lawyer and doing well.
You'll clear, don't stress. The ISC rarely fails folks, the marking is considerate.
yet, you failed.

There have been instances where JEE/NEET toppers have failed boards even though the subjects are the same for boards and JEE in contrast to how it is for CLAT.

www.hindustantimes.com/cities/many-students-crack-jee-mains-but-fail-bihar-board-exams/story-rvCBVX9mr4uIpt7sBgbpPM.html