Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone, I am a 3rd-year student (6th sem) in a tier-1 NLU. Unlike most of my batchmates who are focusing on practice areas like General Corporate, M&A, or Capital Markets and Securities Law, which are known to have good track records from PPO or campus placement pov, I have been focusing on law and technology since my very first year. All my publications are on TMT topics (mostly data privacy and protection); my moot and research experiences also lie there. And now, I am going to start with my first TMT internship at a tier-2 firm (I'm not sure if it's tier-2, though, maybe tier-1). However, seeing all my friends going with the traditional high-demand practice areas like gen corp, I wonder if I should continue with my interest in TMT now that I will be starting with my 4th year and campus placements are just about a year away, or should I do the best I can and explore areas of core corporate law. Kindly shed some light on what's the placement scene for TMT practice areas, and let me know what you think of my journey ahead. Should I stick to TMT or explore other areas as well, in terms of publications and internships?

Thank you :)