Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
JNU will start it's LLM course in constitutional law, human rights, international law, environmental law and theory related from 2024 session. Further the LLB course will start from 2025 and will focus on litigation, judiciary and activism. Is this the end of NLUs and Jindals?
People on LI have been predicting the end of one NLU or other for years now. Naysayers will be naysayers. There are 80k students appearing for CLAT every year. There should be way more good places to study law at than there are at present.
LOL. No serious law firm will recruit from JNU. But if they join CLAT and have a corp law focus, and shed their far-left ideology, then perhaps.
The JNU alumni list in corporate world dwarves all the NLUs combined.
No. Not at all.

I have had the fortune of being associated with all of the aforesaid institutions.

With all the respect one may have for JNU, it will never produce a candidate who may compete with NLUs and Jindals. It may, however, produce very good researchers, policy enthusiasts in which space, perhaps in the longer run, even NLUs and Jindals may fail to match JNU. But overall, (i) NLUs + Jindals, (ii) DU and other Central Universities, and (iii) JNU would continue to hold the fort for various classes.
There is nothing special about NLU or Jindal students. Any institution that follows a similar curriculum and attracts decent students and faculty can produce similar graduates.
2025...both LLB & LLM...they have already started increase in intake of professors in both centres of law & governance and international legal studies...the professors will help establish the curriculum this year...and by next year when the session starts...they will have atleast 20-25 law faculty. One of my known professors also got in this year. He said they will start intake by next year via JNUEE and not NTA