Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
First NUJS, then GNLU & now NLS. Every top NLU is coming in the news because of unfortunate incidents. Is this the decline of NLUs? Will we see law shift back to TLCs like DU 5 years course and Now JNU 3 year course as well?
Adding to the list. MNLU Nagpur not paying faculty salaries, corruption in MNLU Mumbai.
All of those places are still going strong enough as educational institutions.
As compared to what ? They're still state Universities at the end of the day. Way below central university, IoEs and IoI.
Which central university, IOE or IOI has a better law programme at present? None at all.
The unfortunate incidents that are coming to light is because news spread quickly when something bad happens in top NLUs. Go to TLCs, it's worse, they are filled with political goons who can do what they want. These kind of incidents are not reported. Suicides are more common in IITs than NLS, have they led to decline of IITs? No right? Hardly anyone has blamed the admin because of this suicide, the reason is not known and no one has alleged that academic rigour had got to him or the admin was insensitive to any of his pleas.
CLAT is not UPSC, JEE, Neet etc. It's the same circle jerk of elitism like the collegium system. Attempt CUET for a change.
How is it so different from UPSC/JEE/NEET in terms of a competitive exam? Yes, the exam is mainly focused on English which is advantageous to rich folks but that doesn't mean that anyone from a rich background can get in. You can't buy your way through
This is highly disrespectful towards the candidates who do not come from well off backgrounds and have worked their ass off to secure a seat in top NLUs. I am from NLS and I know people who have recieved 100% fee exemption because they come from Economically-weaker families. Some of the means based scholarship holders have actually come from the general list. (Not that people from other categories are not meritorious but I know u will throw that argument so wanted to put it forward pre-emptively). Personally, I come from an English medium school where the teachers hardly ever spoke English and used to teach in local language. I have spent less than 20k on my preparation for CLAT and I am sure that there are thousand others like me.

Have you gone to the IITs or checked the data of people who Crack UPSC or other entrance exams? Most of them do come from well-off families. For 1 son of a rickshaw puller who cracks UPSC, there are 1000 others who come from peak privileged families and this is bound to happen. For any competitive exams no matter which kind of skill they test, the priviledged gets access to better facilities and so are better equipped. Of course if you had this much sense in your brain you would have cracked CLAT and not cry on LI.
Well, that's true in principle. NLUD is arguably better than NUJS and NALSAR now and easily on par with NLS. But, SLS and JGLS are not in the same league.
Because everyone else outside NLUD is in denial. Tell me the one NLU without a domicile quota where merit is placed the highest; name me one NLU that has managed to successfully conduct an actually rigourous all-India entrance exam for the past 15 years. It's time we stop pretending as if the top 4 NLUs are all equals. Some are more equal than others, as the saying goes.
Good, you have revealed the state of your education and mind by arguing that the rest of the world is in denial and not you. Perfect summation of NLUD trolls in this forum.
Name one IIT or IIM that has successfully conducted an actually rigorous all-India entrance exam for the past 15 years?

How can this be a metric of greatness of an University bro? I believe AILET does requires logical reasoning, use it bro.
NLUD didn't conduct successful exams. They just didn't give any scope to people to call out their flaws, like CLAT did. Moreover, they do it only to extort money, no other reason whatsoever.
the NLUs have a structure that was invented 40 years back to solve the specific set of issues that plagued legal education at that point in time. the world has moved on but no structural innovations have taken place. thats the issue at hand.