Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Saw the leaked CAM email, it uses some colourful language and publicly (less than a dozen folks marked) shames associates.

Get this - this is being LET OFF EASY compared to the shit I’ve seen at my time at another shitty ‘top tier’ law firm, working in arguably one of the most toxic teams in the firm.

Constant negative feedback on any reasonably completed work product, unclear instructions, straight up gaslighting, and playing the associates against each other - just the highlight reel of tactics that these lowlifes use.

But the worst thing is being yelled at in office. It doesn’t have to be actual yelling. Just constant public and loud enough scolding, questioning and gesturing etc.

I genuinely hope that Karma is real, and these guys get what’s coming to them — sharp ans long lasting pain and suffering that makes them unable to enjoy all the blood money they’ve accumulated by grinding people down. Really, these people are white collar slavers. Partners and mid levels alike.

How do we even start to turn this around?
Honestly joined Crylegal under the assumption that its better than SCAM etc. Damn, idk if this is just my team or what but I feel like i will ace any job or situation in life if ive managed to not kms working with the kind of psychos that ive been working under
Please, so many of their partners are imported from lala shops. Even homegrown ones like Kosturi Ghosh are known to be horrible slave drivers
When i was interning, a literal guardian angel told me that KG and Swarnima’s teams are like hellholes and whatever you do dont join these teams.
KGs team looks suffocating tbh. Swarnimas team seems pretty chill atleast on the outside idk
ahhh now i'm scared, incoming A0 at (are we really calling it that?) crylegal
Honestly? The reason is that pathways seem narrow in the legal field even though there are lots of things to do. You can join an ngo, think tank, journalism, etc. But the real allure is that of money. I have never felt this exhausted, anxious and stressed, I have gained weight, and even though my partner doesn't berate me like this CAM partner, It sure does feel like it from their indifference. But I try not to think about it because in the end they're paying me. So people will just take these hits and move on. People are just using this news as gossip and being armchair experts for all things labour law and whatnot and forget about it. Because if not this then what else? What will feed our pockets and make us buy this expensive watches and fancy cars? Who cares if we become a husky of our former selves. In the end atleast I'm crying in a king-sized bed rather than a cot right? Thats why things will never turn around.
You are writing as though these firms are paying bagfuls of money to its associates. Truth being told given the time one is dedicating the money is peanuts
T1 lawyers are all wearing golden handcuffs. This refers to someone who is locked in a job, not because they necessarily enjoy the work or find it meaningful, but because of the salary, benefits and prestige that come with it.

The amount of money you can potentially earn might even bring out cartoonish dollar signs (or rupee signs) in your eyes, but really it's an elaborate trap. It's a drug used to make you forget your ambitions. Due to lifestyle inflation, status, and show-off culture, people borrow money to buy cars and homes, keeping them in debt and forcing them to continue working to maintain their lifestyle.

Sometimes we are also forsaking family and friends to chase that high. I have missed out on so many family events, worked during my brother's marriage (not just on that day, but literally during the ceremony).
By beginning all emails with "I hope this email finds you before I do".
Start your law firm. I will join. We can be partners. There are many clients on LI who have already dropped these white collar slavers - they will work with us.
I feel so left out. I am probably the only one who hasn’t seen the email☹️….. Is it available online? Please help. I am obviously not a part of the happening crowd, so I am feeling bad.
You kids are the biggest hypocrites. You post here boasting about your luxury watch purchases, then you start crying the moment your boss rebukes you. You can’t have it both ways. If you want a Wall Street capitalist life, you have to be a part of Wall Street capitalist work culture.
Oh cool. Becoming corporate shells who have no time for family and other things that matter to them. It's become so normal for people to say this. If your "wAll sTReAT CUltUre" suggests normalising working for 70+ hours per week and and if i don't even work for 40hrs, I'm not t1 material, I'm sorry I don't want in. You can keep your culture. Its not that I hate working. But I don't have time or energy for me anymore. I end up wasting time on social media because what else is there if I've come home to just to eat and sleep to get ready for next day's grind. Everything I do everyday is towards either work, or going to work, or coming back from work. There are only two hours for myself per day (about 17 percent of my day.) . I don't even know if I'm earning enough money right now to retire. I can't even retire.
Main Bannega lawfirm Partner, phir main join karega politics, phir banega PM, phir main layega lala fir karwadega band
Pehle mail proof read theek se kar bhai. Tu burn out hoke YouTube video bana. Tere se na ho payega.
The fact that she bothered writing an email shows she cares and is actually a decent human being. There are much less kind ways of dealing with underperforming staff.
it could have been as simple as a team huddle sans the colouful language tbh
A 46-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 108-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 42-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.