Read 67 comments as:
Filter By
Just give us clear instructions and feedback, donโ€™t be rude and sarcastic and snappy, let us work from home when weโ€™re not absolutely needed in office.

Baaki saara credit apne G mai bharlo. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
But you want people like him. That's why you recruit people like him. And then you whine. And you rant. And you throw a hissy fit. And you sens hysterical emails.
I guess people like him come to firms with their resume and give an assurance of hardwork, intelligence and dedication- that is tossed out of the window the second the job is obtained.
Instead of that, don't come to firms. Given your huge abilities, I'm sure firms will come and beg you to join.
Says "Partners these days...." then goes on to say "a whole generation cannot be incompetent"
Point taken. Read the above as "Toxic and Incompetent Partners with high attrition rates".
You sound like a cheap, cringe rap artist- โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ, will you?
Glory...in a lawfirm? Miss ma'am, we're all overpaid clerks with an inflated ego, there is no glory in what we do.
Come on!

Blaming only the junior (first level) associates without fixing responsibility with the PA/ junior partner reflects shabbily on the practice head/ senior partner
Sorry Avaantika and Dhruv and CAM folks, hope the other ""maharathis"" who work with you give you the RESPECT you deserve and are not ""incomepetent""
She did blame them. In front of others. She could easily have talked to them individually and in private. That would have been the mature thing to do.
Are people truly happy being a partner or just that being a law firm partner is their entire personality and anything that affects their own image they have in their head causes them to react harshly to it
I will not rest until I get justice against my partners and what they did to me.
Clearly you can't read. Who memorises bare acts for open book exams? Again, people who can't follow instructions. You people keep questioning the ability of others without having any clue about such ability yourself.
I am the one who asked the question. Don't understand why this is marked "trollish". Seems genuine and fair enough to me. Thanks for the response. The world is not fair, don't have such expectations.
Don't claim yourself as representative of academics. I have seen that email and I don't think it's acceptable behaviour that befits a leader, despite me being from academia myself.
ok. no one is claiming to speak on behalf of anyone else. you do you. bye.
You just started a sentence with "Those of us in academics". If that's not a representative claim according to you, then you probably should reconsider your decision to be in academia.
or it was invented by people who worked freaking hard to do some good to the world instead of sitting around blaming everyone else and playing the victim. Get a clue.
"Instead of sitting around...victim" - The description seems to fit the partner whose email has been making rounds.
or they can just fire yall and hire from other law schools. just saying. They have no obligation to retire or move on from a firm they have built because you guys will not learn.
yes, we should have been more productive than simply sleeping and crying after being born or learning how to add or multiply in grade school
Criticism is not abuse. Abuse and humiliation are not criticism. Be an adult and learn to do the first instead of the second.
what about it was abuse? Go on.. explain like im 5. Exactly which sentence of the email was abusive?
"Be an adult" and learn how to "criticize" with professionalism.

Otherwise you're just being a "snowflake" cry-baby throwing a hissy-fit because you/ your aakaa "got called out" on bad behaviour.
there was nothing unprofessional in that email bro. It was unpleasant- but not unprofessional at all.

I dont know the lady who sent the email and its not me either. The fact that youd resort to that sort of juvenile nonsense tells me youre not worth engaging with.
Itโ€™s a culture clash. Lot of things which were acceptable 10 years back are not acceptable today. Itโ€™s fine. Boss junior relations is the new frontier of the clash. You either evolve to bring in better standards or you die.
A 14-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 54-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 102-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.