Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
A confused 12th standard student out here. Should I go for law ( CLAT)or prepare for ipmat

( As I have maths in 12th).How are the prospects of law as career , is it really good especially corporate law.( I am the first gen) I got to know about CLAT recently only, I don't have any pure passion for either of the courses to be honest.
Dekho, agar law kar loge aur mana ki interest nahi aaya, phir bhi -

1. Give CAT later. You will need lesser percentile (seen General male getting no calls at 99.7 and general female studying in IIT Roorkee at 99.1). Engineers are extremely disadvantaged in CAT. So, do law and you will get some diversity marks and can get into a good IIM at 90 percentile too.

2. Give IPMAT and other integrated MBA programmes too.

3. Dekho, engineering me, even a B.Pharma from IIT/BITS is gold. But, in rest of the institutions, real placement is in Computer Science/IT branches. All others are shit. In IIT or BITS branch is not that important. So, if you take on Engineering (because I presume shayad IIT na nikle, varna tum yaha pe Q&A nahi kar rahe hote), make sure you get Computer Science even in a Bangalore college like PES or Ramaiah. This will ensure employability later. Mech and Electrical and other so called Core branches ke bakwas me mat pad jana. Baad me MBA in Sales karte miloge.

All jobs in India are in CS for aam Engineers. For IIT students BCG, McKinsey have Analyst openings. Woh aapke college nahi aaegi recruitment me.

4. If you are confused do law. No one told me this. I am an Engineer myself. Because getting into a college is one thing, surviving Engineering is another. Everyday you will curse yourself on what shit are you studying (again, this is not the case in CS/IT as you can see abundant opportunities in front of you) with no hope of a future.

So, study law. If you don't like it, shift to MBA. Also, for most data science, product management and other jobs, degree can be overlooked, basharte ki aap kaabil ho. So, you can switch to these hot jobs later too.

But, again - No engineering except CS/IT in India or IIT/BITS
Kids shouldn't discover LI. Prospects are slim, too many graduates, very few jobs. However, if you get into one of the top NLUs, likely to get a job. Go for BBA, then MBA rather
ask any lawyer and most of them would say no. Unless you have connections in this field, stay out of it.