Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
The pics and movies generated by AI look fake af. Not bad, but def doesn't look genuine or high-quality. Only boomers think it's a big deal.

Agree?
Jab AI meri job khaa jaaega tab big deal laguga. The improvement between different generations of AI is stark. The perception of fake v. non-fake is subjective and also highly dependent on the prompts by the user. FB is filled with idiotic AI images of religious figures which would make no sense to a person versed with AI, but to the majority of users it is a sign to type "god bless" in the comments.

With respect to law, once AGI is achieved, which might take a few years or decades, then it's over for most of us law bros.
Do the following things and come back here -

1. Follow Ethan Mollick on LinkedIn. Open LinkedIn everyday and see what he posts. He is a Wharton Professor who tests AI to the limit.

2. Go to twitter - search Sora videos. (Bear in mind this is first generation, everything will improve in the next 5-10y.)

3. On youtube, follow - Varun Mayya. Smart guy to be updated on AI.

4. Open Microsoft edge - copilot - creative mode. Now ask it questions. See the result. Almost all secondary research, can be done on it, or atleast, the first draft will be on AI. People use free wala GPT 3.5, and cry that AI is overblown. Abe, IIT B engineer and Tier 3 engineer me antar hai ki nahi? Similar difference is between GPT 3.5 and 4.

5. I posted this prompt - defence spending on india is divided into equiptment buying, defence services, defence infrastructure -- xyz percentages. Create a pie chart for it.

This is the pie chart it generated - https://ibb.co/xqkj3sZ

If it is not impressive, I don't know what is. Graphics designers would take a week to create something like this. And this is design and creativity we are talking about. Law me toh kagaaz pe type karna hai. So, disruption is coming. Better be prepared.
Agreed to everything you said, except Varun Mayya being smart. That guy isn't the best authority to follow when it comes to these things.
No. It's possible there may be a limit. But if does achieve AGI or more, radical change is gonna happen. Let's hope it's good.