Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
This is as real as truth can be. Stay away from this hellish place.
Lol someone has copied this to AK;s recent LI post lol, she's toast
Haven’t personally known anyone from the team so will refrain from making any comments but I guess you should take a look at this email that has been going viral.

My friend, I need to correct you. The correct quote is not "Never make me look like a fool", it is "Never let me look like a fool". There's a subtle but important distinction. Read it again.
Ms Avantika or dear HR of CAM, it's not that everyone in the legal frat knows about the reality of the so called culture at CAM, and probably even clients.

Does writing such mails name shaming people and CCing everyone ON MAIL count as quite a work ethic? Confidentiality is also out of the toss then. I agree the names should be redacted, but such mails should be put out to such impunity is not tolerated by some puny people called partners.
Sue me! Just ensure to draft it correctly unlike the mail or the CCI application.
MODS WHY ARE YOU NOT MODERATING THIS THREAD THEREBY SENDING IT DOWN. THIS IS A VERY PERTINENT TWEET THAT NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED ON LI
I am someone who is 5-6 years PQE. I can handle toxic partners cuz at mid level cuz fundamentally that at the end of the day, if you are competent, they'll respect you.

The nightmare situation for me is having unreliable, smug, arrogant, know it all type juniors who lack work ethic, walk in and out of office as they please and throw attitude at seniors.

I have had juniors tell me "I'm not available tomorrow. Forgot to put it on the calendar. Give this to someone else" when an urgent deliverables are pending and matter is on fire. While this may seem reasonable to an outsider, this absolutely does not fly in a law firm. Essentially the client has to be serviced by people with context and skill level. It's not a supermarket shift that can just be covered by someone else.

So mid level SA and PAs get shafted because they feel ownership over the matter whereas these kind of juniors see this as a clock-in clock-out kind of job and think they're being a cool rebel. Guess what, the industry isn't changing. What is happening is that you are throwing the SA / PA under the bus.

The tone of the email while problematic is at best going to make me think twice. But having incompetent and smug juniors like this will send me running in the opposite direction. An angry partner makes your life hell once every few months, a smug and incompetent junior will make your life hell everyday.
How do you know the associates in question were incompetent, as the partner claims? Even if they were, there is surely a better way of addressing it rather than Cc'ing the whole team on email. Speak privately and get things sorted, or ask them to pack up and leave
A 6-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 41-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.