Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I've never seen an Indian Law Firm partner that doesn't have the ego of a superior being. Is it the same with foreign firms? I wanted to work at Law Firms here in India but upon seeing their inner sense of superiority, I anticipate how messy can things get when an "inferior" has to disagree with them on some point. Should I prepare for Judiciary instead? I cannot withstand anyone treating me like $hit just because I am paid up well.
While London law firms kind of understand work life balance to an extent, blue chip firms based out of Singapore and New York are just as bad (but pay you a LOT) from what I have heard from some of my batchmates working there.
In lower level judiciary, a lot of work is just very clerical and not rewarding. Suited for some people, but not for all people.
Depends on what you think toxicity is - if it’s just the expectation firms have that you put in the hours, they are. If it is about being treated poorly - they usually aren’t, with some exceptions, of course.
In London,

There are two types of corporate law firms - British (Allen and Overy, Linklaters etc) and American (Kirkland Ellis, Paul Weiss etc)

While toxicity is there everywhere. In London there is no yelling, name calling and pulling your pants down etc.

British law firms have good work life balance. American ones you have to bill insane hours and you won't be able to sleep.
A 6-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.